Spider Solitaire is a well-known card game that is played all over the world. It’s a difficult game to master because it demands problem-solving abilities. However, if you don’t want to think too much and just want to relax and be delighted, the game can be played at a low level.
The game is played with two normal 52-card decks of playing cards. You can choose from three difficulty levels. The Beginner level is quite easy to beat because it is played with only one suit. The Advanced level is difficult to beat because it is played with all four suits. The Intermediate level, which is played with two suits, is preferred by the majority of players.
Spider Solitaire game is claimed to have received its name because spiders have eight legs and the game has eight foundations.
Objective of Spider Solitaire game
Sort all of the suits with the fewest moves possible. The less moves you make, the more points you will receive.
Spider Solitaire is a card game that is played with two decks of cards. The decks are made up of one, two, or four different suits, depending on the difficulty level.
The cards are arranged in ten columns on the board. The only card that is face up is the bottom card in each column, which is the one above the rest. Cards that have not been assigned to a column are stacked in the lower right corner.
You start with 500 points. Following that, the game will deduct each move you make. After that, you will receive 100 points for each stick you successfully remove off the board.
How to play Spider Solitaire game
- The most popular card game among computer players is Spider Solitaire. The level of the game changes depending on the number of suits utilized, from very easy to highly challenging.
- To win, you should eliminate all of the cards from the board by arranging them in decreasing order from king to ace, utilizing the columns. If you want to move the cards in the two-suited and four-suited levels, they must also be of the same suit.
- When you manage to create a neat column of cards of the same suit and in descending order, you will disappear from the board.
- When you cannot make any more moves with the cards on the board, click on the pile at the bottom and the game will deal a new row of cards.
- Do not limit yourself to moving only one card at a time. If the cards in a column are all of the same suit and sorted numerically, you can select them by pointing the mouse to the topmost card and move them to another position.
Hints and tips to play Spider Solitaire
- Master the easy levels. Spider Solitaire comes in three levels: Easy (one suit), Intermediate (two suits) and Hard (four suits). If you avoid the first two levels and go straight to Hard, it’s going to be like jumping into an empty pool. Spend some time practicing the first two to understand the game and the different moves you can do.
- Ignore your score. Spider Solitaire has a built-in counter that keeps track of the number of moves you make. You need to be an expert at the game in order to win and keep the number of moves to a minimum. To start, just concentrate on winning a hand.
- When in doubt, undo. Pressing Ctrl-Z will undo your last move. Use it often, especially when you feel you made a wrong move. This is one of the best ways to stay on track for victory.
- Rethink the obvious. Sometimes the most obvious move, putting the 8 of hearts on top of the 9 of hearts, is not always the best choice. Moving the 8 of spades may be a better move, if you free up a column or reveal a very useful card. Although the 9 of hearts/8 of spades move combines the suits and blocks your column for a while, it may still be the best move you have available. Choose them carefully.
- Sometimes you can only move cards to free up the ones below, even though this move may ruin the hand for a moment. Try to have one or two columns for those cards that you can’t use: those that you think you will only need at the end of the move.
- Use the empty columns. Once you empty a column, don’t rush to put another card. Having a free space (or even better, two or three) gives you the possibility to rearrange the cards all over the board. Use these spaces to form as many straights of the same suit as you can.
- Cut the straight. Suppose you have a good straight, 9-8-7-7-6-5-4-4-3-2 of spades. But you have to get rid of the Ace of hearts. Do you put it at the end of the straight and block the possibility of moving it? Maybe. But another good option is to move some cards; you can move the 2 and 3 to free the 4 and then move the Ace of hearts to the other column. This way you shorten the straight of spades and you can still move it. It is up to you.
- Always ask yourself: what did I gain with that move? You made a move; if you think it is not the right one then undo it and see what other options you have. If your answer is “I’m not sure”, then undo several moves to see what else you can change.
Play Spider Solitaire Online
Since Spider Solitaire is a very popular game across the globe, people often search for ways to play free spider solitaire online. There are of-course a lot of websites that allow you to play free spider solitaire. Some of them are listed below
But however, spidersolitaire247 is the best place to play spider solitaire free online. It has an easy and a unique interface that even a toddler can understand.
So, we can say that spider solitaire is a very interesting card game that helps you brush or even improve your problem-solving skills. Moreover, as you proceed further, its difficulty increases and hence you never get bored of the game. Also, you can play spider solitaire online as well as on a Windows computer.